Center for Prevention Action
Youth Film Festival
I AM RESILIENT: Your Story of Strength
By creating short films, participating youth can get creative and tell the story of what resiliency looks like to them. The theme, I AM RESILIENT, hopes to inspire and encourage young people to share their truth and experiences in today's world.
Submitting a film to this year's festival is a wonderful opportunity to showcase and shed light on topics including by not limited to: abstaining from substance use, mental well being, healthy connections & relationships, being a good friend and serving as an advocate or leader.
How to Participate
1. Form a team based on the Applicant Guidelines below.
2. Find an Adult Advisor
3. Submit an Application (Deadline: March 1, 2021)
Application Must Include:
Adult Advisor contact information
Summary of film idea
4. Applications will be reviewed and approved by PF!
5. Accepted submissions will be notified by March 8, 2021
6. Submission deadline: April 21, 2021
* See Submission Guidelines below
7. All submissions will be showcased at a Spring Film Festival in May. Event details will be announced by May 1, 2021. The event will follow applicable COVID-19 protocols.
8. Winners will be announced at the Film Festival.
For More Information:
Jessie Richardson, Program Coordinator
Film Festival Guidelines
- 7th-12th grade
- Can apply as group or individual
- Groups can have 2-8 members
- Groups including middle and high school students will be considered a high school group
- Must live, learn, worship or work in:
(OH) Hamilton, Butler, Warren, Clermont
(KY) Boone, Kenton, Campbell
(IN) Franklin, Dearborn
- Each individual/group must have an adult advisor
- Primary contact for the submitting group/individual
- Responsible for submitting application, final submission, and all required documents
- Responsible for ensuring that all film festival guidelines are followed
- Example advisors: teacher, parent, coach, youth group leader, etc
- Must be created entirely by the group/individual
- Must reflect the theme: I AM RESILIENT: Your story of Strength
- Any digital platform can be used
- Length must be 2-7 minutes
- Should not promote or solicit any specific organizations/non-profits
- PreventionFIRST! has the right to disqualify any submission deemed inappropriate
*Winners will be announced at the May Film Festival.