Kratom: Emerging Substance Trend (March)
An increase in the availability and popularity of Kratom has made it an emerging substance of concern. Join us to learn more about the health effects, epidemiology, availability, marketing, sale, and regulation of Kratom.
1. Understand the key effects Kratom may have on one’s health.
2. Identify changes in national Kratom use and user demographics
3. Recognize how and where Kratom is marketed and sold
4. Examine the stance of federal agencies on the substance
5. Appraise ways community level action can be taken
Who Should Attend
- Prevention Professionals
- Coalition members & leadership
- Policy makers/community leaders
- Teachers/administrators/school nurses
- Counselors/Social Workers
Joshua McQuilkin, PreventionFIRST! Intern
University of Cincinnati, Medical Sciences Program
For more information contact: